Tuesday, October 1, 2013

INSERT WITTY POST TITLE HERE?

Oh wow. So, remember when I said I was going to post a slew of poetry? Yeah. Me too. I was totes lying, it seems. I need adult supervision when I have days off or nothing gets done. @.@

In my defense, this is what distracted me:


TEACUP HUMANS. TEACUP HUMANS. That is freakin' delightful. I wish I had come up with teacups humans. Anyways, I'm going to put True Blood on hold now so I can do some of this poetry jazz.

P.S. It took me forever to figure out how to get a YouTube video to start at a certain spot. Forever. Sure, when you click on Share Video it lets you pick at start time, but that's just for copy and pasting which is useless to us bloggers, unless we want to make our dear readers click around for videos. When you click on Embed it doesn't offer any support for starting videos at specific times, but it does have the code we need!

If you can't find the video you want to blog with the built in video thing for blogger, just copy and paste that while in HTML mode and you're golden :)

NOW I TELL YOU HOW I DID THE THING!

OK, so just copy and paste the embed link in with HTML mode on and then you need to add ?start=110&end=119 at the end of the video link like this:

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XTwF0-1D1x8?start=90&end=98" width="560"></iframe>

You have to do it all in seconds, so do the maths to make sure you get it right! Oh, and if you don't want related videos to pop up after it's done just stick &rel=0 after the ending time like such:

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XTwF0-1D1x8?start=90&end=98&rel=0" width="560">
</iframe>

Hopefully that helps if you plan on uploading videos and hopefully I didn't bore the people that were already smart enough to figure that out on their own!

Happy Hunting and more to come!

OH and a video size calculator so your videos don't end up looking too wonky if you decide you don't like the sizes that YouTube lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment