Wednesday, September 11, 2013

inspiration: pocketmaster

OK! One more before I head off to the dream realm.

What inspires me? Music inspires me! I always have some tunes on when I'm at the laptop getting all creative. Sometimes a soundtrack will do the trick and sometimes I have to listen to a song until I get sick of it because it's the only thing that's lighting my creative fire.

Now, at risk of sounding hipster-tastic, I thought I would treat you to some music that is totally not mainstream.

POCKETMASTER

http://www.pocketmaster.ch/

I found these guys last year when I was looking up cool remixes for the IT Crowd theme song (long, British story) and I ended up downloading the whole mix because I was too lazy to download just the one song. It seemed complicated at the time! The group is made up of Cube-C and Emiglio Laser and they use sound bites from old school gaming systems and what not to make really awesome techno music.


Gah, I love it! I love the mix of the quotes, techno and vintage gaming. It has a sci-fi feel to it while feeling a little dated in the best possible way ever. I'm not sure how one would achieve this through poetry, but a mix of the old and new while adding a quirky twist sounds totally rad. That's sort of the feel I got from Carbonated Bippies! in the way that Colin Smith used quotes that had a dated feel to them, but mashed them all up together to give the poem an overall modern twist to it in a way that doesn't feel goofy, but different.


Three of Pocketmaster's 4 releases are for free on the website and I recommend you check them out! It's cool beans.

In other news, I do have an idea of how to translate this into poetry, but I'm going to have to attempt that tomorrow when my brain is less on the melting side.

In other other news, if you're bored tomorrow WATCH THIS!!


And then when you're done watching the intro and wondering where this has been all your life, watch the whole series which is only 6 episodes. You will not be disappointed and then you can make cool jokes that no one will understand except us. HA HA HA.

LOOK I'M EVEN ADDING THE PLAYLIST TO THIS POST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment